“I have found almost all my uncles and aunts on my mother’s side on the Government Gazette section – Pat Woodley”
Search our thousands of Government Gazettes going back to 1995. These gazettes cover the whole of South Africa and consist of some legal sections. These records will give you:
- reference number of the estate papers
- date of the deceased person’s birth
- date of the deceased person’s death
- deceased person’s address
- spouses name and date of birth
- name and address of the executor of the estate
By having the reference number you are able to request copies of the full documents as well view the documents at the Masters Office.
The records are invaluable to family historians and genealogists as it will help them find our more about their recent ancestors past.
The Government Gazettes are published on a weekly basis and Ancestry24 makes these records search-able within a few days of publication.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.